Maritime London is a not for profit promotional body for UK-based companies that provide professional services to the international shipping industry.
Maritime London’s mission is to promote the UK as the
world’s premier maritime business centre.
Maritime London objectives in support of the mission are:
- To represent collectively and raise the profile of maritime
professional business services
- To facilitate new business for members through trade
- To attract shipowners, operators and cargo interests to the
- To build upon historic and present-day advantages of the UK
as the pre-eminent base for international maritime professional business
- To assure a professional maritime skills base through the
encouragement, recruitment and retention of British seafarers
- To promote British maritime training and education
- To encourage networking between its members in order to
build closer contacts
- To organise industry events aimed at bringing members
up-to-date on recent developments in the maritime industry
Membership of Maritime London is open to any company that is able to demonstrate support for the UK’s maritime services sector on a global basis.
The Board of Directors is elected by and drawn from the diverse membership giving Maritime London its direction. This is augmented by two member only meetings each year where suggestions and ideas for the future are received.