National Careers Week 2021
Maritime UK is proud to be supporting National Careers Week 2021. We support people of all ages to access and develop exciting and rewarding careers at sea or on shore in all of the maritime industries.
We have created the following new resources for National Careers Week:
- 'In conversation with' - Videos featuring conversations with people working across the maritime sector including several between a person at the start of their career in maritime and a senior colleague from the same business.
- 'Meet the employers' - Videos from a selection of maritime employers talking about what a career could look like at their company and in the maritime sector in general.
In addition, Maritime UK will be:
- Announcing two new strategic partnerships to help extend promotion of the maritime sector across the UK.
- Delivering two careers events for job seekers, school, college and university students in Plymouth and Liverpool.
- Running a careers professionals’ briefing on the maritime sector in Scotland.
- Supporting four maritime sessions for college students in Suffolk, Essex and Hampshire.
Getting involved with #NCW2021:
- Employers can get involved by using the #MaritimeCareers and #NCW2021 hashtags and by contacting Lorna Wagner to share plans.
- Educators can get involved by making use of the suite of careers resources available online, requesting an industry ambassador ‘visit’ or attending a National Careers Week briefing.
- Individuals can learn more about careers in the maritime sector by watching new campaign videos, downloading the careers brochure or attending an event during National Careers Week.